İlknur Şebnem Öztemel-TDO-24.05.2017 A bomb attack happened in Manchester Arena yesterday, in young pop icon Ariana Grande’s concert. 22 people, including some children, were killed and 59 wounded in the attack.
Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins told reporters as "We believe, at this stage, the attack last night was conducted by one man. "The priority is to establish whether he was acting alone or as part of a network’’. He added "We believe the attacker was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated causing this atrocity". He declined to inform officers about the nationality of the suspect.
After the unfortunate event, Ariana Grande, 23, tweeted as: "Broken. from the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don't have words."
Prime Minister Theresa May said the incident was being treated as a terrorist attack. It is the deadliest militant assault in Britain since 52 people died in suicide bombings on London's transport system in July 2005. Besides, Prime Minister May and Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the opposition Labor Party, agreed to suspend campaigning ahead of the June 8 election.
Officers stated that there are similarities bin the attack with the one happened in November 2015 in the Bataclan concert hall and other sites in Paris. Abot 130 people killed in twin-attacks and since then France is under state of emergency. which claimed about 130 lives.
Britain is on its second-highest alert level of "severe". This means, there is high risk of another attack.