CHINA REPORTS NO DOMESTIC CASES OF CORONAVIRUS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE OUTBREAK BEGAN


20/03/2020




İrem GÖL -TDO-  Chinese Health Commission reported that all the new cases recorded on Wednesday had contact with overseas abroad, after Australia and New Zealand closed their borders. In Hubei, the province where the outbreak started, there were no cases of any kind during Wednesday. Yet, fears have focused on the possibility of a new outbreak which would spread by people returning from overseas.

Although Chinese government was heavily criticised for lack of transparency and slow response to the virus at the beginning of the outbreak, China now seems to be the most successful nation to tackle with the virus, even offering assistance to other affected countries.

Chinese National Health Commission said once there have been no new cases for 14 days, the lockdown on Wuhan may lift. It is also reported that of the more than 81,000 cases in China since the outbreak began, just 7,263 remained ill.

The good news from China came as Australia and New Zealand both announced they would close their borders to all non-residents and non-citizens. Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Australia’s borders would shut from 9 pm on Friday, while his New Zealand counterpart Jacinda Ardern said the move would happen on Thursday evening. Morrison said the decision had been reached because about 80% of Australia’s cases were the result of someone either contacting the virus overseas or being in direct contact with someone who had.


porno izlebrazzers