“IRAN DEFUSED SECOND CYBER-ATTACK IN LESS THAN A WEEK,” COUNTRY’S STATE MEDIA SAYS


16/12/2019




İrem UZUN -TDO- A senior government official in Tehran says Iran has “defused” a second cyberattack against the country in less than a week.The country's Minister of Communications and Information Technology, Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi, said the "organized" and "very big" attack was intended to obtain government information, state-run Press TV said on Sunday. Jahromi said the attack was identified and thwarted by the country's "security shield," according to Press TV.

Mr. Jahromi made the announcement of the second attack this week on Twitter.Without giving further details, the minister said servers and hackers had been "tracked".Last Wednesday, Mr. Jahromi told Iran's official Irna news agency that a "massive" cyber-attack had targeted Iran's electronic infrastructure.A day earlier, the minister had dismissed reports that millions of Iranian bank accounts had been hacked.

Iran disconnected much of its infrastructure from the internet after the Stuxnet computer virus, widely believed to be a joint US-Israeli creation, disrupted thousands of Iranian centrifuges in the country's nuclear sites in the late 2000s.In June, Washington officials said U.S. cyberforces launched an attack against Iranian military computer systems as President Donald Trump backed away from plans for a more conventional military attack in response to Iran's downing of a U.S. surveillance drone in the Gulf.


porno izlebrazzers