TRIPOLI GOVERNMENT SAID IT WON’T NEGOTIATE WITH HAFTAR


16/04/2020




İrem UZUN -TDO- The head of Libya's UN-recognized government Fayez al-Sarraj has said the government will not resume negotiations with Khalifa Haftar, accusing him of exploiting the coronavirus pandemic to launch a new offensive against them.

In an interview with Italian daily La Repubblica published on Wednesday, al-Sarraj accused Haftar of having bombed "Tripoli indiscriminately". “We agreed to a ceasefire and a humanitarian truce. We expected Haftar to stick to his word even once because of the dangers associated with the coronavirus epidemic, but he considered the epidemic an opportunity to attack us. After the (attack) failed he was targeting Tripoli indiscriminately, residential areas, civil institutions, even the general hospital in the city center,” he added.

Meanwhile Fathi Bashagha, Libyan Interior Minister, shared a message from his Twitter account, saying that Haftar's forces were taking advantage of the spread of coronavirus to intensify attacks on Tripoli and Abu Grein, adding that Government of National Accord forces will continue to retake territories from Haftar. "There is no political solution with war criminal Haftar and we call on the countries supporting him to reconsider their stances," he implied.

The GNA forces, which is backed by the Turkish military and Syrian mercenaries, captured approximately 3,000 square kilometers of land in northwestern Libya on Tuesday. This large-scale accomplishment by the GNA forces has breathed new life into them, as they previously had their backs against the wall around Tripoli.


porno izlebrazzers