SAUDI MINISTER THREATENS WAR ON IRAN




Selin ATAY-TDO-Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir said they were convinced that the missiles used in the attack on the Aramco facilities were Iranian-made and that they would not be subjected to sustained attacks, even if they did not want a war that would be devastating for the whole region.

"The evidence that the missiles (used in the Aramco attack) are Iranian-made is so strong enough to convince us. We are persuaded that these missiles are coming from the North, not the South. Their range is not enough for them to come from the south," he said.

"We have asked experts from the United Nations to assist us in the examination, and experts from a number of other countries have also participated in this examination. We want to find out where these missiles were fired in a way that leaves no room for doubt," Adel al-Jubeir said.

“We don't want war because war would be devastating for the whole region, " said Jubeir, who said they had considered all options in the attack review process and consulted with allies, including Britain. But we can't just stand around and be constantly subjected to attacks by Iranians or their proxies," he said.

Minister Jubeir said the fact that the E3 countries, consisting of Britain, France and Germany, publicly found Iran responsible for the Aramco attacks last month was a significant development.

Two facilities owned by Saudi Arabia's national oil company, Aramco, were hit by a fire on September 14. Although many European countries, notably the United States, claimed Iran was behind the attacks, the Houthis in Yemen had claimed that they orchestrated the attack using 10 drone.